– using non formal education methods to foster inclusion
Topic/ theme: Inclusive education and special needs, Intercultural education
At your request, the courses can be structured for a different schedule (5 or 7 training days).
26.04 – 4.05.2020
26.10-03.11.2018/2019 Special Halloween session in Dracula’s castle
Sending partners: educational organizations involved in formal, non-formal and informal learning: schools, adult training centers, resource centers and other relevant organization active in the adult education field established in Erasmus+ program countries.
Participants: 20-25 adults involved in education
Course fee: According to the Erasmus+ guide, 70 euros / training day, including course preparation, training, training materials, administration costs, organizational costs, 24 hours emergency support.
Trainers: multinational team of trainers – Portuguese, Romanian and Maltese, SALTO affiliated, with specialization courses in more than 15 European countries.
Languages used: English, Portuguese, Spanish, French. The training materials will be provided in English. On request, Spanish and French.
Profile of the participants:
The participants are teachers or adult trainers active in the sending organization interested in growing a creative and intercultural environment in their institutions, with or without previous experience, willing to develop themselves professionally not only through the course, but by involving themselves in preparatory and follow up activities. They must be interested in other cultures and in developing the institution’s European dimension.
- to develop competences regarding applying non-formal education activities and techniques in different formal settings in order to encourage inclusion
- to share best practices and transfer knowledge and methods between different cultural zones and different learner ages regarding successful inclusive approaches
- to develop the participants’ competences of ensuring harmonious group building (taking into account diversity challenges) and transforming the class as a group into a team by usage of non-formal group dynamics
- to develop better understanding of their own competence as teachers and to develop creative intercultural strategies for dealing with inclusion challenges in their own schools and classrooms
- To help teachers understand the students different realities and better integrate them in the classroom
- To be better aware of inclusion issues in different cultures
- To supply tools that will help create bonds between the students and the teacher in a way that every student feels included
- to promote the use mediation and negotiation tools in the fight against exclusion of people with fewer opportunities
- to promote European cooperation in the field of education within the framework of the Erasmus+ program by partnership building
Most of the educational approaches are inspired from constructivist pedagogy. The project has a holistic approach and uses various tools during the different activities.
|Days||Module||Details of activities and methodology|
|Days 1,2||Culture and interculturality||Intercultural games. Working in an international project – how to communicate and connect. Connection between culture and inclusion.
Team building: working with colleagues and parents – practical exercises followed by a debate. Stereotypes and prejudices in the classroom. Cultural and group values.
|Day 3||Communication||Communication (assertive, aggressive, passive). Adapting communication to the age group. Games for improving communication.
Empathy and mirroring.
Non-verbal communication in the work environment and in the classroom.
|Day 4||Group dynamics.||Group inclusion and exclusion. Developing trust and self esteem for excluded individuals.
Intra and inter group dynamics. Tools for working with groups, group building activities. Working with stakeholders.
|Days 6,7||Non-formal methods for inclusion||What is inclusion? The inclusive school and the inclusive society. Understanding exclusion.
Coaching tools for young people with fewer opportunities: zone of fulfillment, values, wheel of life, comfort zone.
Forum theatre method for inclusive approaches.
Study visit to a local inclusive institution applying non formal education methods. Dissemination of previous European projects applying non-formal and informal methods made by all partners.
|Day 8||Conflict management and mediation||Sources of conflict in inclusion.
Approaches to conflict. Basics: Understanding the problem.
Introduction to mediation.
|Day 9||Evaluation||Dissemination and valorization activities planning. Using European certification tools: Europass Mobility certificate, upgrading the Europass Language Passport and Europass Skills Passport. Project evaluation.Certification ceremony.|