– Using ICT to engage students in the modern classroom
Topic/ theme: ICT – Information and communication technologies, Pedagogy and didactics
At your request, the courses can be structured for a different schedule (5 or 7 training days).
26.04 – 4.05.2020
26.10-03.11.2018/2019/2020 Special Halloween session in Dracula’s castle
Sending partners: educational organizations involved in formal, non-formal and informal learning: schools, adult training centers, resource centers and other relevant organization active in the adult education field established in Erasmus+ program countries.
Participants: 20-25 adults involved in education
Course fee: According to the Erasmus+ guide, 70 euros / training day, including course preparation, training, training materials, administration costs, organizational costs, 24 hours emergency support.
Trainers: multinational team of trainers – Romanian, Maltese and Portuguese, SALTO affiliated, with specialization courses in more than 15 European countries.
Languages used: English, Portuguese, Spanish, French. The training materials will be provided in English. On request, Spanish and French.
Profile of the participants:
The participants are teachers or adult trainers active in the sending organization interested in growing a creative and intercultural environment in their institutions, with or without previous experience, willing to develop themselves professionally not only through the course, but by involving themselves in preparatory and follow up activities. They must be interested in other cultures and in developing the institution’s European dimension.
– to develop ICT competences about applying technology in different educational settings in order to improve the motivation of the students
– to share best practices and transfer knowledge and methods between different cultural zones (at least 3 countries) and different learner ages
– to develop tools (a digital game, an E-portfolio, digital stories) about ways of applying technology in education for different age groups
– to enable participants to find at least 5 activities and techniques for their own teaching context in order to improve the motivation of their students
– to increase participants’ confidence in using web 2.0 social media tools
– to promote European cooperation in the field of education within the framework of the Erasmus+ program by partnership building
Most of the educational approaches are inspired from constructivist pedagogy. The project has a holistic approach and uses various tools during the different activities.
|Days||Module||Details of activities and methodology|
|Day 1,2||Culture and interculturality||Intercultural games. Working in an international project – how to communicate and connect
Team building: working with colleagues and stakeholders – practical exercises followed by a debate
Stereotypes and prejudices in the classroom.
Games, methods and tools for improving communication.
Cultural trip – project tour exploring exterior manifestations of culture
|Day 3,4||Digital tools||Google drive
Mind Maps & Word Clouds
Using Google Earth: Virtual Travel
Personalised digital tools sharing: participant’s choice!
|Day 5||Audio and video.
|Online reseach – small audio/video project based on the learner’s realities
Podcasting & Recording Audio for online use
Voip – Skype for online collaboration – simulation game
Digital stories in education.
|Days 6,7||Blogs, websites and webquests||Blogs, Websites, webquests : Uses & Learning Potential
Designing a Blog, website
Groupwork: the project’s Blog/Website
Webquest: exploring the urban landscape results.
|Day 8||Digital methodology||Study visit to a local institution which is implementing European projects.
Dissemination of previous European projects made by all partners.
Using the Interactive Whiteboard in education
|Day 9||Evaluation||Dissemination and valorization activities planning.
Using European certification tools: Europass Mobility certificate, upgrading the Europass Language Passport and Europass Skills Passport